Copy Editor (Freelance/Part-Time)
Diplomat Risk Intelligence (DRI), the research and consulting division of The Diplomat magazine. With senior staff presence in the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan and India, DRI provides research-based solutions for a range of geopolitical, security, economic, and technological challenges to governments, businesses, and non-profits in the Asia-Pacific.
We are inviting applications for an experienced copy editor, working in English, with a background editing geopolitical and/or financial research. This is a remote-work position available on a freelance or part-time basis, reporting to the Director of Research. We envisage several hours of work each week, with the potential for this to grow considerable. Significant flexibility in hours will be required.
The position requires a proactive individual who can work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision. Candidates must apply by close of business U.S. EST May 27, 2022, to [email protected].
- Working with Director of Research to copy edit DRI’s research notes
- Ensuring that all DRI publications are written to the highest standards
- Helping us adopt and/or develop a style guide for our publications
- Native-level English skills
- Strong academic background
- At least three years’ experience as an editor
- A background working with research notes or reports, covering finance, geopolitics or related areas
- Flexible availability